So on Monday I asked you guys to help me decide on what topic this weeks blog post should be on through an Insta Poll. For some bizarre reason you lot chose the topic of Love, when I thought us hotties were trying to have a hot girl summer? Shidddd yall got me fd up.
Ok, lets get into it. This one is a cute little quick read, so get comfortable.
There are so many different opinions on what dating is, if it even exists and what is and isn’t acceptable during the talking stage. I believe opinions differ depending on your morals. Like, for example; some people feel as though its unnecessary to talk to someone everyday during the talking stage. I think you must be ABsoLuTeLy BLoFFin to not be talking to me everyday sir.
But everyone’s different, so whatever floats your boat really.
If I could count every time I was told a story about a date night gone wrong. I am not going to lie, I wouldn’t be a millionaire but I would be flipping comfortable LOOL.
Jesus (not blasphemy because honestly only he could save me) one time I went on a date with some guy LOOOOOOOOOOOL. If you know me you know I am actually bussing up right now. Cut a long story short; he wasn’t happy with the food and thought it was ok to call over the waitress addressing her as a “little whore”. YES, you read correctly a ‘LITTLE WHORE’. lol don’t even ask honestly, I’ll leave that one there. Just like I left his ass in the restaurant.
But anyway this is personally what floats my boat and why ( hint, hint, joke – not joking lol bye) :
1. Communication – The imparting or exchanging of information by speaking, writing, or using some other medium.
communication is key to understanding how each other works. The boundaries, the dislikes, the loves, aspirations and dreams. It’s all about knowing each other and putting your point across effectively in order to make the relationship nourish.
2. Consistency – Consistent behaviour or treatment.
consistency shows dedication and determination in a relationship. A lack of consistency can leave your spouse annoyed or bored. Consistency in a relationship maintains your message of love.
3. Commitment – The state or quality of being dedicated to a cause, activity, etc.
The importance of commitment is vital to showing your spouse the love, respect and honour that you have for them and the relationship. It can influence how you feel, think and act and also determine your actions when things get difficult. Commitment is the key to success.
& here is a list of DOS and DON’TS for you all :
- DO Turn up on time.
- DON’T take the dating game too seriously.
- DON’T obsess over a “perfect person”.
- DON’T come on too strong!
- DO present yourself authentically.
- DON’T keep checking your phone.
- DON’T be under-dressed.
- DO set relationship standards.
- DON’T rush the physical stuff.
- DON’T be afraid to tell him what you need.
- DO focus on how someone makes you feel
- DO ask more questions (within reason lol)
- DON’T try and be perfect.
- DO Make eye contact.
- DON’T be overly critical or judgemental.
- DO drop expectations / checklists.
- DON’T protect your heart
- DON’T worry if he or she is “the one”.
- DON’T spend too long talking about past relationships.
- DO be honest.
- DO ask questions / don’t talk about yourself the entire time on the first date.
- DON’T think too far ahead – I know you want to have their kids but enjoy the moment hun.
- DO offer to pay for the bill – Men, PERIOD.
- DON’T use cheesy lines.
- DO throw in a compliment or two.
I mean, I am no expert in relationships but I do believe that is a pretty good list, if I do say so myself. Let me know how you get on and feel free to comment and share your nightmare dating experiences.
Happy Dating. Lots of love,
Akira Kay x