I am Shannie Mears, 26 – Birmingham born, London living. My hobbies and interests include dance, music and Netflix. I love learning about culture – I love the creative scene and learning of new creative people.
1. Tell me about your business and what inspired you to start?
The Elephant Room began with me and Dan Saxby the former CEO of an agency I was at. Inspired by the current state of the industry we wanted to start something fresh and meaningful.
2. What makes your business different ?
We are a creative company and operate in the advertising world. We want to have many components that contribute to our success. Culture, great creative work, truthful insight, the right representation. It’s not many that care about all those things.
3. Where do you see yourself and your business in 5 years?
Ooo good question. We don’t know hopefully more than one office around the globe, a bigger team, i’d love to have my own team. I want for myself multiple income streams and i just want to continue to build.
4. What would you say makes your business successful ?
Knowing what it is you do and doing it well. It’s not about trend setting, and we need to remember that success is subjective to different people. Are your employers happy? Are you paid fairly? Do you have great case studies? Think about all those things.
5. Do you ever experience obstacles or challenges, how do you overcome them?
Of course, again everything is dependent. Some things you battle internally like self-doubt etc some are specific, a client problem, a team disagreement. But the goal is the business and the greater good of that. Soo communication is key, be vocal about how you feel, and keep yourself inspired for the self doubt and do other things that stimulate you.
6. What does success mean to you ?
Happiness, am I truly happy? Does my life align? God, family, friends, romance and am I making top dolla lol.
7. Is there anything you would have done differently or anything you believe you would have benefited from in the process of implementing your business?
`Nah, i’m fortunate enough to have a teacher. We all bring different things to the table within our team and that is beautiful. I think just being me works.
8. What do you believe is the most important tool to equip an inspiring business owner with?
Everyone is at a different point in their journey. Their business journey, some need capital, some need contacts, some need support mentally. It really all depends. I think the best thing you can do is show you support them.
9. Can you describe your customers?
Everyone, advertising has no specifics it all depends on the brief.
10. Where can readers find you ?
@shannieloves – twitter and instagram
Shanice Mears on Linkedin 🙂
Stories shared to inspire – If you are an eager entrepreneur and would like to share your story, please email Akira-Kay@hotmail.
Like, comment, subscribe & share